The Global Change Research Institute CAS seeks highly motivated candidates for Ph.D. study with focus on analysis of greenhouse gases exchange between the ecosystem and atmosphere
Our department (Dpt. of Matter and Energy Fluxes) operates set of ecosystem stations across Czech Republic and now is preparing three stations in tropical areas. All the stations are equipped with top quality measurement systems (eddy-covariance technigue, chamber technique, meteo-sensors and others). The department cooperates with research institutes and universities across Europe and out of Europe (USA, Vietnam, Panama, Ghana and others).
The position is already available.
Project and tasks
A successful candidates will work with the data from the network of Czech Ecosystem Stations (history of measurement: 3-10 years), i.e. fluxes of greenhouse gases (CO2, CH4, NO2) from eddy-covariance and chamber measurements, meteorological data, partly with biomass inventory data and remote sensing data. The selected candidates will evaluate the data within one site or perform inter-site comparison, possibly also using the data from FLUXNET worldwide database.
The main task will be to analyse and interpret the data of matter (CO2, H2O, CH4) and energy fluxes exchanged between the ecosystem and the atmosphere and publish the results in international scientific journals.
- M.Sc. degree in biological, environmental or atmospheric sciences
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis
- Enthusiasm to write papers
- Good written/spoken English communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of scientists
- Creative scientific work, self-realization
- Use of data from an excellent research infrastructure
- Possibility of personal career and scientific growth
- Work in an international team
- Appropriate salary
Further information about the position is provided by
Mgr. Marian Pavelka, Ph.D
Head of Dept. of Matters and Energy Fluxes
Global Change Research Institute, CAS
Please send a motivation letter, a structured CV to email@example.com