The Global Change Research Institute CAS seeks candidates for Research Assistant / PhD Student for the topic of greenhouse gas fluxes analyse
The main task will be to analyse and interpret data of matter (CO2, H2O) and energy fluxes between ecosystem and atmosphere and publish it. Our department (Dpt. of Matter and Energy Fluxes) operates a set of ecosystem stations across the Czech Republic and now is preparing two statins in tropical areas. All the statins are equipped with top quality measurement systems (eddy-covariance, chamber measurement, meteorological sensors and others). The department cooperates with research institutes and universities across Europe and out of Europe (USA, Vietnam, Ghana and others).
The position is available immediately.
A successful candidate will work with the data from the network of Czech Ecosystem Stations (history of measurement: 3-10 years), i.e. fluxes of greenhouse gases (CO2, CH4, NO2) from eddy-covariance and chamber measurements and meteorological data.
- MSc degree in biological, environmental or atmospheric sciences
- Ability to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of scientists
- Good written/spoken English communication skills
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis
- Creative scientific work, self-realization
- Use of data from an excellent research infrastructure
- Possibility of personal career and scientific growth
- Work in an international team
- Appropriate salary
The deadline for applications is 31 July 2021.
Please send a motivation letter, a structured CV to firstname.lastname@example.org