Personal data controller: Global Change Research Institute CAS, p. r. i., Bělidla 986 / 4a, 603 00 Brno
- Carries out research and scientific activities, employs natural persons within employment relationships.
- In performing the above activities, it processes personal data of entities such as employees, students and other persons in contractual relationships, and is therefore a controller of personal data within the meaning of Article 4 (7) of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter “GDPR”).
- When processing personal data, it observes the basic principles of processing and other obligations under the GDPR.
Personal data of entities are processed mainly for the purpose of ensuring research and educational activities and other related activities of the controller.
Personal data of employees are processed mainly for the purpose of ensuring personnel and payroll agenda related to the existence of employment relationships.
Personal data processed:
The controller processes only personal data necessary to achieve the stated purposes of processing.
Legality of processing:
The controller processes personal data in a lawful manner on the basis of any of the conditions pursuant to Article 6 of the GDPR. Processing is most often performed when it is necessary to:
- fulfill the legal obligations related to the controller – Article 6 (1) (a) c) GDPR,
- perform a contract where the data subject is a contracting party or for the implementation of measures taken before the conclusion of the contract at the request of the data subject – Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR,
- fulfill legitimate interests of the controller – Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
When processing data for other specific processing purposes for which any of the above legal conditions do not apply, the data subject may be requested to consent to the processing in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
Handling of personal data:
- Personal data is not transferred to other persons, unless the obligation to transfer it to the authorities, bodies or institutions is imposed by a special legal regulation or the transfer is necessary in connection with research and scientific activities.
- The processing of personal data by the controller does not involve automated decision-making on the basis of which acts or decisions which would interfere with the rights or legitimate interests of citizens are taken.
- Personal data is processed only for the necessary time, which is individual for each purpose of processing. After the expiration of this period, personal data is destroyed or is further stored for the period specified by the valid Document Management and Destruction Rules, issued in accordance with Act No. 499/2004 Coll., On archiving and filing services.
Your rights (data subjects’ rights):
- to require access to personal data,
- to request the correction of inaccurate personal data or its completion,
- to request the deletion of personal data,
- to request restrictions on its processing,
- to file a complaint with the supervisory authority,
- where the processing is based on Article 6 (1) (a) or Article 9 (2) (a) GDPR, you can revoke the consent at any time.
Method and way to exercise the rights:
Exercise your rights through the responsible employee who is:
Mgr. Michal Minařík
Global Change Research Institute CAS, p. r. i., Bělidla 986 / 4a, 603 00 Brno
Email address: email@example.com