Branch: Laboratory of Ecological Plant Physiology
Workplace: ÚVGZ AV ČR, v. v. i.Bělidla 4aBrno603 00
Our current research focus is to understand molecular basis of plants abiotic resistance (tolerance and /or avoidance) mechanisms, photosynthetic homeostasis and their fitness in challenging and dynamic environmental stimuli (varying irradiance, temperature, and humidity).
Research Keywords: Agricultural crops, Abiotic Stress, Acclimation, Adaptation, Arabidopsis thaliana, Fluctuating Environment, Global Changes, Natural Accessions, Stress Resistance, and Sugar metabolism.
Research Method: Biophysical Methods (Fluorescence spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy, and Reflectance spectroscopy),Electrolyte leakage,Sugar analysis (HPLC),Metabolomics, Molecular biology, Photosynthesis (CO2 assimilation and O2 evolution), Sub-cellular fractionation, and Water Potential.
PhD degree:Experimental Biophysics-2007, Allahabad university, Allahabad, india
MSc degree: Physics ( electronics)-2000, First Class, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, India
BSc degree: Physics, Maths & Chemistry-1998, First Class, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, India
Intermediate: 1995, First class with distinction in Physics, Chemistry and Maths, OKM Inter Colleage, Lar, Deoria, UP, India
High School: 1993, First Class with distinction in Maths; Pt. Jwahar Lal Nehru Krishak Intermediate School, Mahuwabari, nera Lar Road, Deoria, Up, India.
- 1/2016- present (Scientific Researcher) Global Change Research Institute, AS CR, CZ.
- 9/2017- present (Scientific Researcher) Dep. Exp. Botany, Masaryk University, Brno CZ
- 1/2016- 12/2016 (Lecturer) Open Science, Centre of Joint Activities, AS CR, CZ
- 2011- 2015 (Scientific Researcher, CzechGlobe: Global Change Research Centre, v.v.i., AS CR, CZ
- 2007-2010 (Associated Scientist), Institute of Systems Biology & Ecology, AS CR, CZ
- 11/2005 – 2006 (Visiting Scientist), Institute of System Biology and Ecology AS CR, CZ ( former, Institute of Landscape Biology and Ecology, AS CR, CZ)
- 2001-3/2005 Research Assistant at M. N. Saha Centre of Space Studied, Allahabad Univ., Allahabad in an Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) Project.
2016: Open Science project: Optical signal for understanding photosynthetic mechanisms in plants
Ministry of Youth, Sports and Education of the Czech Republic grant OC08055 entitled “Designing tools and methodology for screening of abiotic stress resistance in plants” (1.747 million CZK).
Important research visits and fellowships
- Dec 2-20, 2020, 2019, Aix-Marseille Univ, Marseille Cedex 9, France, for collaborative experiments
- Sept 23- October 18, 2019, University of Reims, France; for collaborative experiments
- May 3-18, 2015, Stuttgart, Germany; for collaborative experiments
- June 2-28, 2014, Turku, Finland, for collaborative experiments
- Aug 15-25, 2011, Stuttgart, Germany
- June 6-13, 2011, Stuttgart, Germany,for collaborative experiments
- March 31-May2, 2010, Agrobios, Metaponto, Italy, for collaborative experiments
- Jan 6-20, 2010, Stuttgart, Germany, to work with Prof. Arnd G. Heyer
- Oct 31-Nov11, 2009, Julich, Germany, to attend European Training and Networking Activity (ETNA) school on Plant Phenotyping.
- June 29-July 11, 2009, New Delhi, India
- Nov 24-Dec 07, 2008, India
- Oct 25-Nov 20, 2008, Agrobios, Metapontem, Italy
- Oct 5-11, 2008, University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
- April 9-20, 2008, Matera, Itaily & Agrobios, Metapontem, Italy
- Member of Czech Republic in Management Committee of European COST Action Project TD1102
- Member of Czech Republic in Management Committee of European COST Action Project FA0605; http://cost-inpas.org/management_committee
H index ~14