Branch: Department of Matters and Energy Fluxes
Workplace: ÚVGZ AV ČR, v. v. i.Bělidla 4aBrno603 00
Eddy-Covariance flux measurements
Ecosystem short-term responses to the local environmental-condition changes and long-term responses to climate change
Sep 2011 – Jul 2018 Doctor of Philosophy, Atmospheric Sciences
University at Albany, The State University of New York, Albany, New York, USA
Thesis: Whole-canopy net ecosystem exchange and water use efficiency in an intermittent-light environment – dynamic approach. (at: https://pqdtopen.proquest.com/pubnum/10842781.html)
Jan 1998 – Jun 2000 Doctor of Technical Sciences (Kandidat tekhnicheskih nauk), Renewable Energy Conversion Systems and Plants
All-Russian Research Institute for Electrification of Agriculture, Moscow, Russia
Thesis: Investigation of the stationary prismatic concentrators for photovoltaic modules (In Russian: https://search.rsl.ru/ru/record/01000273428)
Sep 1987 – Jun 1992 Master of Science, Pure Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Oct 2020 – Sept 2022 Scientist; CzechGlobe, Brno, Czech Republic
• Investigation of the effects of environmental conditions, urban surroundings, and flow patterns on eddy-covariance flux estimates at a temperate sedge-grass marsh wetland located near town of Trebon.
Jun 2008 – Sept 2020 Research Scientist; ASRC, University at Albany, SUNY,
Albany, New York, USA
• Research and development in the field of modeling of solar radiation on the surface of the Earth using meteorological observations and satellite data in the visible and infra-red bands;
• Investigation of the variability of solar radiation.
Feb 2004 – Jul 2005 Research Assistant; Economics Department, Barnard College, Columbia University, New York, USA
• Working in the projects on poverty and inequality analysis and applying statistical analysis to the World Bank data;
• Developing statistical programming products in C++ and Stata to be applied to the World Bank data.
Aug 2000 – Mar 2002 Senior Scientist; Renewable Engineering Laboratory, Institute of Power Engineering and Automation (IPE&A), Tashkent, Uzbekistan
• Setting up and maintaining Combined Solar-Wind Power System equipment on the retransmitter Charvak and monitoring / data-logging system installed in the frames of the INCO-Copernicus project;
• Collecting and analyzing energy and meteorological data from the Charvak data-logging system.
Nov 1998 – Jul 2000 Researcher; Laboratory of the Power Plants, All-Russian Research Institute for Electrification of Agriculture (VIESH),
• Researching and developing schemes of the stationary concentrators of solar energy and Photovoltaic modules on their base;
• Testing Photovoltaic modules with different concentrator schemes.
Jan 2016 – May 2018 Tutor; Department of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences, University at Albany, SUNY, Albany, New York, USA
Jan 2006 – Dec 2008 Instructor; Adult Literacy Program Department, Brooklyn College, CUNY, Brooklyn, NY, USA
1994 Adjunct Teacher; Mathematics Department, Food Institute, Moscow, Russia