Position: senior researcher
Branch: Department of Climate Change Impacts on Agroecosystems
Workplace: ÚVGZ AV ČR, v. v. i.Bělidla 4aBrno603 00
Agro-ecosystem modelling with focus on water and matter dynamics, crop growth, climate change. Special interest on modeling of water and nitrogen dynamics and crop growth in the soil-plant-atmosphere system at different scales (sub field, field, catchments, region), model based evaluation of land use and management strategies to protect water resources from nutrient pollution, model based assessment of Climate Change impact on crop growth and soil processes and development of adaptation strategies, operational use of models for irrigation and nitrogen fertilization recommendations on field and sub-field scale (precision agriculture), analysis of yield gap causes.
- 1966-1975 Leibnizschool (Gymnasium), Hannover
- 1977-1982 “Agricultural Sciences” University Göttingen: Diploma (Dipl. Ing. agr.)
- 1982-1989 Ph.D. (Horticulture) at University Hannover: Dr. rer. hort.
- 1991-1992 Remote course „Environmental Engineer Water Protection“, Technical University Braunschweig: Ing.
- 2004 Habilitation (Geoecology) at University Potsdam: Dr. rer. nat. habil.
- 1987-1988 Agricultural consultant at AK Betriebsführung Ostwestfalen
- 1989-1992 Scientist at Institute for Geography and Geoecology of the Technical University of Braunschweig
- 1997 Visiting Scientist, Cornell University, Ithaka,NY, USA
- 1992-today Senior Scientist, Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research, Müncheberg, Germany
2014 L.R. Ahuja Ag. Systems Modelling Award of the Soil Science Society of America.
Important research visits and fellowships
1997 (3 months) USA, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Web of science listed publications: 132
Total citations: 1940 (1610 without self-citations)
Peer-reviewed papers: 85
Scientific reports: 153